Hiring the wrong people to process your visa!

Hiring the wrong people to process your Visa! Wherever there is a need, expert consultants will appear to help with that need and immigration is no different. There is an amazingly diverse group of people who will claim to be able to help you with your Fiancée or Spouse’s visa and many of them will […]


Marriage Plans?? Going to the Philippines to get married? Olvis Travel can take care of all wedding preparations. We can handle Church reservations, wedding dresses and Formal Barongs, receptions, honeymoon accommodations, Paperwork such as the “legal capacity to marry” form and the marriage license for both you and your fiancée. We can assist you with […]

Social Security Card Basics

Did you know that anyone in the United States can obtain a Social Security card? There are three types of social security cards, and each has a distinct function. Today we will discuss each one so you can see how they relate to immigration and resident status. 1. Unrestricted Social Security Card: These cards are […]

The Memorandum on Enforcing the Legal Responsibilities of Sponsors of Aliens

During the spring, the Trump administration issued the Memorandum on Enforcing the Legal Responsibilities of Sponsors of Aliens, which served to update the regulations for compliance with the law. The memorandum also helps to make sure that those ineligible for immigration status do not receive federal benefits. This is very important news for anyone planning […]

Joint Sponsor for the K1 Visa. Can I Use One?

Most US embassies accept joint sponsors for fiancée visas. However, The US Embassy in Manila does not accept them for the K1 Fiancée visa. This policy has been in effect for the last 20 years. So, before you file for a K1 Fiancée visa, be sure that you meet the income requirements as shown on […]

Embassy Closing in Manila

USCIS Field office closing (Not the Embassy) On July 5th, 2019, USCIS will permanently close its field office in Manila, Philippines, as part of the Trump Administration’s efforts to improve legal immigration processing. After this date, there will be no USCIS field office located in the Philippines. Over the years we at Olvis have had […]

Adjust Status after marriage K-1 Fiancée visa

Adjust Status after marriage K-1 Fiancée visa Now when you enter the United States on a K-1 Fiancée Visa you must marry within 90 days. The important thing to keep in mind is you can file for adjustment of status any time after the wedding. However USCIS likes to have you file promptly after the […]

Tax-Return Transcripts from the Internal Revenue Service or IRS are better than tax returns

Tax transcripts from the IRS showing income are far better than tax returns to show proof of income. IRS tax transcript are better proof of income because by just providing your tax return does not actually prove that you’ve filed with the IRS or that you paid any taxes. Anyone can fill out a Federal Tax […]

Why Should You Get a Special Resident Retirement Visa in the Philippines?

What is a Special Resident Retiree Visa? You’ve fallen in love with the Philippines and have decided to make this beautiful country your retirement home. Now you need an SRRV visa Philippines. The special resident retiree’s visa is a special non-immigrant visa for foreign nationals who want to retire in the Philippines or make the […]

Everything You Need to Know About the Philippine SRRV Visa

Introduction Some of the best beaches in the world are located in the Philippines. From the white sands and turquoise waters of Borocay to the luxury shopping in Makati, more and more people are choosing to retire in the Philippines. Before making the move, however, it’s important to do the proper research. Understanding the SRRV […]

Quick Facts to Know Before Applying for a CR1 Spouse Visa

The CR1 spousal visa can be difficult to understand for potential immigrants to the United States, however, it is crucial to have a solid understanding of the meaning of the CR1 spousal visa and the process by which to acquire it if you are looking to apply for residency in the United States. What is […]

The Olvis Visa Services Story

A message from the founder and president of Olvis Immigration and Travel Services with his lovely spouse celebrating 33 years in the Visa Services business. Over 30 years ago when I first came to the Philippines to meet a pen pal I had been corresponding with, while on the plane about 40,000 feet over the […]

SAME SEX Fiancee Visa applications

With the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) The US Immigration Service and Manila Embassy are now granting visas for U.S. Citizens wishing to sponsor their same-sex Fiancé/Fiancée. Olvis Immigration has successfully processed many same sex- Fiancé Visa petitions in the last three years and our service is experienced, sensitive and ready to […]

Postal Letters Very Important

Proof of an ongoing relationship Postal Letters. This Section is to better educate both the sponsor and the beneficiary with beneficial tips in the do’s and the don’ts while developing your K1/K3 case. Every Sponsor who exercises their right as a U.S. Citizens in regards to petitioning a non-immigrant Alien to the U.S.A. with the […]

Visa assistance problems in foreign countries

Have you been to the Philippines or other foreign country and found the love of your life? Gotten married or engaged only to realize that you need to do paperwork? The last thing you need at this point is visa assistance problems! While you were there, you hired what you thought was a reputable travel […]

K1 Fiancee Visa

Do you have an approval notice from the USCIS for the spouse or K-1 Fiancée visa application that you or your attorney in the USA did and are now wondering what are the next steps and just what does your lady in the Philippines have to do next? Does the stark realization suddenly hit you […]

Form I-765 USCIS Work Permit

If you are temporarily in the United States, the USCIS Work Permit Form I-765 is used to request an Employment Authorization Document. If you are authorized to work in the United States without restrictions you must also use this form to apply for a document that shows this authorization. Individuals who are not US citizens […]

Getting a CR1 Spouse Visa

To petition your wife or husband from the Philippines, you will need a CR1 Spouse Visa. CR1 Visas are immigrant visas that are issued to foreign spouses of American citizens. The visa process is to be completed by the foreign spouse outside the United States, after the US citizen spouse files and approves the proper […]

The I-131 Advance Parole

The I-131 Advance Parole or popularly known as just “Advance Parole” is a term in the Immigration field that means “permission to leave and return to the United States.” It is an essential travel document for those who have foreign fiancées that need to return home for emergent reasons before adjustment of status and issuance […]

Aliens Change of Address

The form AR-11, or the alien’s change of address card, is the card used by non-US citizens to report a change of address within ten days of the transfer. Section 265 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1305) requires this collection of information. Individuals who are non-US citizens over the age of 14 […]

Understanding The Fiancé/Fiancée Visa Timeline

The Fiancé/Fiancée Visa timeline If you are an American citizen contemplating marriage with a foreign national, you should fully understand the process for obtaining a K-1 Fiancé/Fiancée Visa, including all the stages that make up the timeline. Working through this process on your own can be a time-consuming, frustrating experience. To assist you with your case […]

Our Services

Do you have a loved one in the Philippines that you wish to bring to your home country? Are you considering the assistance of a travel agency, an immigration lawyer, or a self-proclaimed immigration expert—or take the risk of spending too much for a fly-by-night service? Let our 30 years of immigration experience speak for […]

Why do it myself

Like complicated tax returns, filling out visa and immigration paperwork can be a stressful and intimidating process. One simple mistake or oversight will result in costly, complex and lengthy delays. Having to re-do and re-submit your visa and immigration application papers will make you wait many extra months for your fiancée’s immigration approval and, in […]

Hire a lawyer, an agent, or process the visa myself ?

Should I hire a lawyer, an agent, or process the visa myself? Only you can answer that question. I will explain the differences to help you come to your own conclusion. Hiring a lawyer. Most lawyers will charge anywhere from $2000 to $7000+ to process a simple fiancé visa or spousal visa, even more if […]

International Mail Order Bride Law IMBRA and how it affects you

Re: International Marriage Broker Regulation Act Implementation Guidance Purpose On January 5, 2006, the President signed the Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005 (VAWA 2005), Pub. L. 109-162, 119 Stat. 2960 (2006) (codified at 8 USC 1375a). Title VIII of VAWA 2005 is entitled, “Protection of Battered and Trafficked Immigrants,” […]

Beware of the scammers

It’s a sad fact of life that wherever you go there’s somebody willing to con you. Unfortunately this is as true in the Philippines as anywhere else. Not surprisingly, a lot of men are interested in Filipinas but we strongly urge you to be cautious. If you have any doubts about your chat mate from […]

More than 50,000 Immigrant Visas Processed Every Year

The Consular Section of the United States Embassy in Manila processes applications for both nonimmigrant and immigrant visas to the U.S. Nonimmigrant visas are for people visiting the U.S. temporarily for tourism, business, education, medical treatment, or petition-based employment. The type of visa required depends on your purpose of travel. The Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV) Unit […]

How much does it cost for a Spouse or alien relative visa

THE COST OF A SPOUSAL OR ALIEN RELATIVE IMMIGRATION PETITION A common question my potential clients ask me is how much an immigrant petition often filed under Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative that involves consular processing petition for a spouse or relative usually costs. This is a question that the prospective petitioner must ask […]

Annulments in the Philippines

The Philippines and Vatican City are the only countries/places in the world that do not have divorce laws.  Therefore, in order for a previously married Filipino person, whose spouse is still alive, to be able to marry again is to get a legal civil annulment. If an annulment is what you require then it is […]