IR-1/CR-1 Spousal Visa

Spousal Visa

This chart compares the main features of the K-1, and IR1 / CR1 visas.

K-1 Visa

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Visa type



Approximate total processing time

3-6 months

5-10 months

Where do I file the petition?

Only in U.S.


Mayfile abroad

Are there any major restrictions I should know about?

Single entry. Valid for 6 months; to marry petitioner within 90 days of entry to the United States and must adjust status.

LPR status. Processing for green card begins on entry.

Can my fiancée/fiancé or spouse take her/his children?

Yes. Only unmarried children under 21 but must be issued K-2 visa within one year of the K-1 issuance.

Yes, but separate IR-2 petitions must be filed for each child. Stepchild must be younger than 18 years old at time of parent’s marriage.

Is an interview required?



Does the Embassy need the original petition & documents from USCIS?



What we do for you:

  • We do the Visa paperwork for you! This is what we do and we’re experts at it. Even the slightest mistake can add months to the already excruciating immigration process.
  • After we take your information, we complete the Visa paperwork and return it to you for review and submission.
  • Our staff is fluent in your spouse or fiancée’s native dialect. We will counsel and coach her through the entire process. We will personally guide her through the government interviews, classes and other Visa requirements as well as her government’s paperwork.
  • When you fly in to meet your fiancée or spouse, a member of our staff will meet you at the airport to help you through the process.
  • We are the only service located in the Philippines that can provide complete personalized and professional support for you and your fiancée or spouse
Olvis Fiancée K-1 Visa Free Consultation
Fields marked with a * are required

Or Call Us Toll Free 1-866-636-8666

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)