Olvis Immigration and Travel Services
SHO3, Level 4, Ayala Center Cebu Cebu Business Park, Cebu City, Cebu 6000
Phone: (+6332) 268-8279

IR-1/CR-1 Spousal Visa

IR1/CR1 Visas are immigrant visas issued to foreign spouses of U.S. Citizens.

IR1 (IR stands for "Immediate Relative") Visas entitle their holder to receive Permanent Residency within the United States for a period of 10 years (may be renewed)

CR1 (CR stands for "Conditional Residency") Visas entitle their holder to receive "Conditional" Permanent Residency within the United States for a period of 2 years

To obtain either visa, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must be legally married. Living together does not qualify as a marriage for immigration purposes. Unmarried partners are ineligible to sponsor visas to the United States.
  • You must be 18 years old before you can sign the Affidavit of Support, which is a form that will be required later in the process.

The spouse in the U.S is the Petitioner and the spouse in the foreign country is the Beneficiary.

If you follow this process, the foreign spouse will complete the visa process completely outside the US, and then arrive in the US and become a Permanent Resident immediately. Once the immigrant visa holder enters through a US Port of Entry, he or she will receive a Green Card in the mail (at their US address) within a few weeks.

The deciding factor on which visa an applicant is issued (IR1 versus CR1 visa) is the amount of time that they have been married at the time the visa is issued. If an applicant has been married to their US Citizen spouse for a period of two years or greater they will be issued an IR1 Visa. If they have been married less than two years they will be issued a CR1 Visa. A CR1 Visa will result in the applicant obtaining "conditional" permanent residency within the US and after a period of two years the applicant can apply to "Remove Conditions" 90 days before the conditional permanent resident card expires and they will be issued a regular 10 year green card.

This chart compares the main features of the K-1, fiance/fiancée
and spousal IR-1/CR-1 visas.

K-1 VisaIR-1 / CR-1 Visa
Visa typeNon-ImmigrantImmigrant
Approximate total processing time3-6 months5-10 months
Where do I file the petition?Only in U.S.May file abroad
Are there any major restrictions I should know about?Single entry. Valid for 6 months; to marry petitioner within 90 days of entry to the United States and must adjust status.LPR status. Processing for green card begins on entry.
Can my fiancée/fiancé or spouse take her/his children?Yes. Only unmarried children under 21 but must be issued K-2 visa within one year of the K-1 issuance.Yes, but separate IR-2 petitions must be filed for each child. Stepchild must be younger than 18 years old at time of parent’s marriage.
Is an interview required?YesYes
Does the Embassy need the original petition & documents from USCIS?YesYes

What We Can Do For You?

We do the Visa paperwork for you! This is what we do and we’re experts at it. Even the slightest mistake can add months to the already excruciating immigration process.

Our staff is fluent in your spouse or fiancée’s native dialect. We will counsel and coach her through the entire process. We will personally guide her through the government interviews, classes and other Visa requirements as well as her government’s paperwork.

After we take your information, we complete the Visa paperwork and return it to you for review and submission.

When you fly in to meet your fiancée or spouse, a member of our staff will meet you at the airport to help you through the process.

We are the only service located in the Philippines that can provide complete personalized and professional support for you and your fiancée or spouse

Copyright © 2016 Olvis Visa and Travel Immigration Services. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | SEO by: Cebu Web Solutions