Aliens Change of Address

The form AR-11, or the alien’s change of address card, is the card used by non-US citizens to report a change of address within ten days of the transfer. Section 265 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1305) requires this collection of information. Individuals who are non-US citizens over the age of 14 and remaining in the United States for more than 30 days are required to submit Form AR-11 within 10 days of the change of address. Each time the person moves to a different residence, he needs to submit the information. There is no fee for filing the change; the only expense is the cost for mailing. The data issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for statistical and record purposes may be furnished to Federal, State, local, and foreign law enforcement officials. Should a non-US citizen fail to comply with the regulation, thus failing to report a change of address, he is subject to be punished by fine, imprisonment, or removal.

All sponsors who petitioned a non-US citizen or have joint sponsors are responsible for providing the change of address information by using the I-865 form. If a sponsor has already completed a Form I-864 affidavit of support any time in the past to sponsor an immigrant, they are required to report the change of address within 30 days if the sponsorship agreement is still active. The sponsorship agreement will remain in force until the sponsored alien:

a) Becomes a US citizen

b) Can be credited with 40 quarters of work

c) Departs the United States permanently

d) Formally abandons lawful permanent resident status by filing Form I-407

e) Loses permanent resident status in a removal proceeding

f) Dies

The average time to get a CR1 or IR1 visa is approximately 9 to 12 months from the date of filing. An American citizen cannot take his or her Filipino spouse back to the United States right after the marriage until the visa has been issued.

To know more about how to file an AR-11 form or how to sponsor a non-US citizen so she can visit the United States, contact Olvis Immigration and Travel Services. We specialize in fiancée/spousal visa processing and offer guaranteed results.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *